A frequently-requested side dish for potlucks or dinner parties is my creamy, spicy succotash. It is easy, but very flavorful and goes with just about anything.
Click HERE to watch the recipe video.
-4 tablespoons butter
-28 oz package frozen baby lima beans
-2 15 oz cans whole kernel corn (or frozen corn)
-1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
-1 red bell pepper, chopped
-1 orange bell pepper, chopped
-1 tablespoon minced garlic (1-2 cloves)
-1 teaspoon ground paprika
-1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
-2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
-4 tablespoons flour
-1 cup heavy whipping cream (half and half works ok)
-salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat butter in a sauceman over medium heat.
2. Place frozen lima beans (and frozen corn, if you use frozen over canned) in
the butter and heat for a couple minutes.
3. Place onion, bell pepper, corn, and garlic in the pan and let saute for 7-8
4. Add paprika, cayenne, and cajun seasoning and stir.
5. Add flour, stir, and let cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add cream and turn heat down to medium- low. Let cook another 10
minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Taste and add salt, pepper, or any other spices it needs. Then, enjoy!
If you try this out, let me know how it goes!