You know how you have your go-to recipes for quick dishes that are always reliably delicious. This one is one of mine. It is couscous with lots of veggies and flavor and it is SO easy, and healthy. Wanna give it a try? Here’s the recipe.
-1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
-4 bell peppers (use as many colors as you can)
-3 medium shallots
-2 tablespoons minced garlic (2 large cloves)
-1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
-1 egg (optional)
-1 cup couscous
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon pepper
1. Finely chop your bell peppers, shallots, and garlic.
2. On medium heat, put your extra virgin olive oil in a sautee pan. Add your chopped bell peppers and shallots and stir occasionally for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add your minced garlic and stir occasionally for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add your salt and pepper while veggies are sauteeing.
5. After 2-3 minutes, add your stock and turn the heat up to medium high until
6. Add your couscous and turn the heat off. Stir to make sure the couscous is
evenly covered in the stock. Put a lid on, and let sit for 5-6 minutes.
7. Use a fork to fluff up the finished product and enjoy!
Bonus: Add a fried egg to the top to make it extra decadent.