My absolute favorite bread is this concoction Drew created a few years ago. It is fool-proof, meaning I can make it, and so easy. You don’t even have to knead it! It is scrumptiously sweet and perfect for any time of day. I can’t believe it took so long to finally make this video and blog, but here it is!
- 1 cup warm milk with 2.5 teaspoons yeast and dash of sugar
- 1 whole egg plus 1 yolk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup honey
- 3 cups bread or all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
1. Warm the milk about 30 seconds in the microwave and add the yeast and pinch of sugar. Stir gently and let sit 5-10 minutes, until the yeast is activated.
2. Mix the milk/yeast mixture, eggs, butter, and honey.
3. Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until well incorporated, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Cover with a warm, wet towel for 1 hour.
6. Transfer dough to the bread pan it will be baked in and let rise for another hour.
7. Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, turning half way.
8. Once baked, let cool for 10 minutes, then slice it up. Add a little butter and enjoy!